Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

This week my radio show is filled with Romance. Joining me to talk about the National Day of Love is Adrienne Drew from The Melting Pot restaurants (www.MeltingPot.com) where fondue becomes a memorable dining experience, and Gregory Godek author of the book "1001 Ways to Be Romantic".

I wanted to share one of my favorite restaurants, and one that is filled with romance as a place to take your lover. It even has a lover's lane for special romantic dinners where marriage proposals and anniversaries take place. Between the Melting Pot's romantic, fun, and inviting environment, to the leisurely dining experience (an average dinner can take over 2 hours), it's the perfect dinner out to get reconnected and spend quality time with your partner.

Then Gregory Godek talks about why romance is so important in a relationship, how his book can help a couple to reignite their relationship, and we discussed various creative ways to show your partner you care. I for one fell in love with his book, it is a great coffee table book and can be easily accessed whenever you are looking for ways to romance your honey. I plan on tapping into various suggestions to add a little more romance into my relationship! You can never have too much of that.

And while I have always loved Valentine's Day as a way to say "I Love You" ~~ this year it is even better being able to share the holiday, not only with my husband, but also with my 2 year old son Zack. I went out and bought a box of Elmo Valentine's Day cards and little boxes of message sweetheart candies for Zack to pass out to a few friends, as well as to his sitters.

Then this morning when he woke up he found a big helium heart balloon tied to a small cuddly brown bear that I had placed on the dining room table to celebrate Zack as my littlest Valentine!

What small token or gesture did you do for your husband, wife, or your partner, and your children? Did anyone do anything special for you? Today is a day of expressing love, friendship and appreciation for the special people in your life.

I appreciate all my friends and family and wish them a Happy Valentine's Day -- thanks for being there to love and support me always.

I wish you only the best in life!

No comments: