Monday, June 9, 2008

Spending Time with Zack -- or Working?

Saturday's blog reminds me of how often I am playing a mental game with myself about having Zack more often at the sitters, so I can get work done....or spending those extra few hours in the morning, a few days a week, just with him???

On bright, sunny days, those mornings are precious as I take him to the diner for pancakes, and then over to the playground to swing on the swings. Or down to the lake to watch him throw sticks into the water, or just observe him walk around, exploring his world.

In those times I am reminded that he will only be this age once and how priceless these times are. There are other times; however, when the weather is not so good, and we get caught staying in the house, and I am pulled between running up to check my e-mail, or return some phone calls, and playing with him.

Then when he senses me pulling away from him, the struggles begin. Or he will make his way around the house pulling everything out and throwing it around.....for me to pick up before starting my work day later.....or he will get into everything he shouldn't....and frustrate me to no end.

So each day flies by in a flash, as I try to juggle it all, and make the most of each day!

No comments: